Bean 'N' Rice Burritos
"One night I wanted to make something different for dinner," writes Susie Kohler from her home in Union, Missouri. "I started with black beans and added things I thought would taste good." The end result was as delicious as it was economical...two burritos coast a mere 89¢.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cut into 12 slices
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large skillet, combine the beans, tomatoes, garlic powder and
- cumin; heat through. Stir in the rice. Spoon about 1/3 cupful
- off-center on each tortilla. Top with cheese. Fold sides and ends
- over filling and roll up. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 460 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 914 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.