"One night I wanted to make something different for dinner," writes Susie Kohler from her home in Union, Missouri. "I started with black beans and added things I thought would taste good." The end result was as delicious as it was economical...two burritos coast a mere 89¢.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cut into 12 slices
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large skillet, combine the beans, tomatoes, garlic powder and cumin; heat through. Stir in the rice. Spoon about 1/3 cupful off-center on each tortilla. Top with cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bean 'N' Rice Burritos in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p22
Reviews for Bean 'N' Rice Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review