Bean 'n' Pepper Burritos Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1. In a small microwave-safe dish, combine onion and peppers. Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Drain; stir in tomato.
- 2. Spread refried beans down the center of each tortilla. Top with pepper mixture and cheeses. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- 3. Place four burritos in a shallow microwave-safe dish; cover and microwave at 70% power for 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Repeat with remaining burritos. Serve with salsa and sour cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 burrito with 2 tablespoons salsa and 1 tablespoon sour cream equals 328 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 782 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 17 g protein.