Bean 'N' Cheese Burritos Recipe
- 8 frozen bean and cheese burritos (about 5 ounces each), thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- Salsa and sour cream, optional
- 1. Arrange burritos in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk the soup, sauce and milk until blended; stir in 1 cup of cheese and the chilies. Pour over burritos. Sprinkle with the olives, onions and remaining cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Serve on a bed of lettuce with salsa and sour cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 ounce-weight: 502 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 1631mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Bean 'N' Cheese Burritos
"Fabulous sauce and delicious! I am saddened I can no longer make it as my husband is on a low-fat diet as the frozen burritos are very high in fat. When I come up with a lo-fat remake, I will try this again...the sauce alone makes it worth having...yummy!"
"We finished dinner an hour ago, and my husband is still raving about this dish. I agree it is very tasty and even better...it is quick and easy. Everyone loved it. The only change I would make is to use 10 burritos as there would be plenty of sauce for that many. As it is, we plan to use the leftover sauce as a dip for some tortilla chips."
"The ultimate cheater recipe. Turns out very yummy, we all loved it, even the kiddos. I left out the green chilles as no one here likes them. This is the perfect answer to a busy weeknight dinner."
"quick, easy and delicious!"