This is a recipe from my mom that I adapted. She made it with tortillas, but we both agree it's easier and quicker using frozen burritos. I make it about once each month.—Karen Middleton, Elyria, Ohio
- 8 frozen bean and cheese burritos (about 5 ounces each), thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- Salsa and sour cream, optional
- Arrange burritos in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk the soup, sauce and milk until blended; stir in 1 cup of cheese and the chilies. Pour over burritos. Sprinkle with the olives, onions and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Serve on a bed of lettuce with salsa and sour cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Bean 'N' Cheese Burritos in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p286
Reviews for Bean 'N' Cheese Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review