Bean 'N' Beef Quesadillas Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups julienned cooked roast beef
- 2 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the salsa, cilantro and lime juice. In another bowl, combine the beans, corn and 1/2 cup salsa mixture. Set remaining salsa mixture aside.
- 2. Place beef, cheese and bean mixture on half of each tortilla; fold over. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook quesadillas in 1 tablespoon oil for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted, using additional oil as needed. Cut into wedges. Serve with reserved salsa mixture. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 607 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1068mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 10g fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Bean 'N' Beef Quesadillas
"good flavor good way to use up leftover beef, most of the flavor depends on your choice of salsa"
"yummy 5 stars!"
"This is such a good blend of flavors. I've been making it for a few years and we still love it! Using leftover roast beef makes it so easy. I don't change a thing in the recipe, it's just right!"