- 1-1/2 pounds Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 2 quarts water
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon each dried thyme, savory and salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and pepper
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (15 to 16 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- In a heavy 8-qt. Dutch oven, cook the sausage, onion and bacon over medium-high heat until sausage is not longer pink; drain. Add the water, tomatoes and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add chicken and beans. Simmer, uncovered, for 30-45 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 18 servings (4-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Bean, Chicken and Sausage Soup
Sort By :
"easy and both husband and 3 yr old loved it"
"Followed recipe 1st time and found it to be very good, but a tiny bit too garlicy. Next time used half as much garlic and a few drops of Tabasco, and replaced the chicken with frozen shrimp. Now, that's good! Even my picky granddaughter loved it."
"Savory is a seasoning McCormick sales it when you dont know what it is you can aways google it."
"I had to cut the recipe in half - there are only two of us - but we loved it! Great with a salad and nice, crusty bread. We'll definitely have this again."
"What is Savory? I would like to make this soup but I don't know what savory is."