- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Sour cream and additional salsa, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a work surface, unroll one pastry sheet. Roll into a 12-in. circle. Transfer to an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon taco seasoning for topping. In a small bowl, mix refried beans and remaining taco seasoning; spread over pastry to within 1 in. of edge. Top with onion, black beans, chilies and salsa. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese.
- Unroll remaining pastry sheet; roll into a 13-in. circle. Place over cheese. Trim, seal and flute edge. Cut slits in top. Brush top with oil; sprinkle with reserved taco seasoning.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. If desired, serve with sour cream and additional salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bean & Salsa Stuffed Pizza in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Bean & Salsa Stuffed Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review