- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 10 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Sliced avocado, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese and reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Mash half of the beans; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Add the pineapple, salsa, chilies, mashed beans and remaining beans; heat through. Stir in cilantro.
- Place 1/2 cup filling on one side of each tortilla. Add toppings of your choice; fold in half. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Bean & Pineapple Soft Tacos
"This was good. I think I will add chicken next time."
"I would make this again, but I would add chicken or steak."
"We had to add taco seasoning to balance out the pineapple. What are unsweetened pineapple tidbits? Not our favorite, but interesting idea."
"My family loves these tacos. We buy the Paso tortilla cups for these. It has replaced or regular taco recipe."
"This recipe was very simple and easy to make. It was absolutely delicious and a great modification to a typical taco recipe. My roommates and I really enjoyed it! It is definitely a keeper!"
"My daughters and I loved this. A nice light summer dish!"
"When I made this for my husband, he immediately balked about it being meatless. Until he tried it. He loved it!"
"I was pleasantly surprised. I thought this was a pretty healthy recipe that tasted great. I think the chunks of pineapple is what really made this recipe taste great. I definitely will make again in the future."
"We've had this multiple times since it is so tasty!"
"We liked the taste and ease of this dish. Would be very easy as something to make and then reheat as a quick meal. Don't forget to add lettuce, tomato and sour cream."