My son doesn't eat meat, so I created this recipe as a way for me to cook one meal for the family instead of two. It's so easy, my toddler grandson helps me make it! —Tina McMullen, Salina, Kansas
Recommended: 68 Cinco de Mayo Party Recipes
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 cup canned petite diced tomatoes
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- In a small bowl, mix beans, tomatoes and green onions. Spread half of the tortillas with bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; top with remaining tortillas.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. Place tortillas on griddle in batches. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. If desired, serve with sour cream and salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bean & Cheese Quesadillas in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Reviews for Bean & Cheese Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2015
"Very good and easy to make!"