These griddle burritos with bacon and veggies make an awesome hand-held meal. I use fresh pico de gallo when I can, but a jar of salsa works if that’s what you’ve got. —Stacy Mullens, Gresham, Oregon
Featured In: 50 Easy Weeknight Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1/2 cup salsa, divided
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- In a small bowl, mix beans and 1/4 cup salsa until blended. Place tortillas on a griddle; cook over medium heat 1 minute, then turn over. Place bean mixture, cheese and bacon onto centers of tortillas; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until tortillas begin to crisp.
- Remove from griddle; immediately top with lettuce and remaining salsa. To serve, fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bean & Bacon Griddle Burritos in Simple & Delicious February/March 2016