- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Gel or liquid food coloring
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 15-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise; cut widthwise into thirds, forming six strips. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bend slightly if desired to form curves in cookies.
- Bake at 350° for 10-13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Tint frosting with food coloring; decorate cookies as desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Beach Blanket Sugar Cookies in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p61
Reviews for Beach Blanket Sugar Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review