Beach Ball Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
Who can resist creamy ice cream between homemade sugar cookies? These cheerful treats might be the perfect way to celebrate a get-away to the beach. —Pattie Ann Forssberg, Logan, Kansas
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Red, blue, yellow and green food coloring
- 48 round sugar cookies
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Divide frosting among five bowls; tint each a different color with red, blue, yellow and green food coloring. Leave one plain.
- 2. Frost tops of 24 sugar cookies with colored frostings to resemble beach balls. Let dry completely.
- 3. Spoon ice cream onto bottom of plain cookies; top with frosted cookies. Place in individual plastic bags; seal. Freeze until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC