BBQ Shrimp Quesadillas Recipe
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Salsa and additional barbecue sauce
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, oil, lime peel, salt and pepper. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, remove corn from cobs. Drain and discard marinade from shrimp. Chop shrimp and set aside. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the zucchini, corn and onions until crisp-tender. Add shrimp; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; stir in barbecue sauce.
- 3. Sprinkle cheese over half of the tortillas. Spoon shrimp mixture over cheese. Top with remaining tortillas. Cook on a griddle coated with cooking spray over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa and additional barbecue sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 quesadilla (calculated without salsa and additional barbecue sauce) equals 648 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 1,066 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Reviews for BBQ Shrimp Quesadillas
"this is a easy recipe and nice to make in the summer, it is nice and light with good flavor"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.