BBQ Short Ribs
This recipe for short ribs is very popular in our area. The meat is fork-tender, and the sauce is wonderfully tangy. We're retired now but raised beef for many years. We still put this recipe to good use.
-Margery Bryan, Royal City, Washington
4-6 ServingsPrep: 1-1/4 hours Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 3-1/2 to 4 pounds beef short ribs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, combine ribs, water, onion and vinegar; bring to a
- boil. Reduce hat; cover and simmer for 1 hour, turning ribs
- occasionally. Drain. Place ribs in a single layer in an ungreased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine sauce ingredients; spoon over
- ribs. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/4 hours or until meat is
- tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (12 ounces) equals 241 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 475 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.