BBQ Sauce Meatballs Recipe
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, cheese, bread crumbs and onion. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for BBQ Sauce Meatballs
"They are delish!!! Takes a few min to assemble in the crockpot. I make this a day before a holiday n just heat them up when the guests arrive."
"I thought these were excellent. I made for Christmas Eve. Everyone loved them! Would def make again."
"Did it according to directions (except I used pre-cooked meatballs)"
"I made these for a Holloween Party and they were a hit!!"
"I made these twice over the holidays and they were such a hit... and SO easy!!!"
"This recipe was amazingly delicious!!! Would also be good if a person didn't make meatballs but just put ground meat and mixed it all up. Would be excellent to eat like sloppy joes!!"
"This is a good recipe, though a little salty. My family liked it. I put the slow cooker on high for the first hour of cooking to increase the temperature faster, since I'm a little apprehensive about starting with raw ground meat in that appliance."
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.