BBQ Sauce Meatballs Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, cheese, bread crumbs and onion. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 435 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 137 mg cholesterol, 1,448 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.