BBQ Sauce Meatballs
“I whipped these up for my son’s first birthday so I could serve something heartier alongside the cake and ice cream. They’re delicious!” —Tara Reeder, Mason, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, cheese, bread crumbs and onion.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is no longer pink.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 435 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 137 mg cholesterol, 1,448 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.