I whipped these up for my son's first birthday so I could serve something heartier alongside the cake and ice cream. They're delicious! —Tara Reeder, Mason, Michigan
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, cheese, bread crumbs and onion. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Barbecue Meatballs in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p19
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for BBQ Sauce Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review