BBQ Ranch Salad Recipe
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 cups torn romaine
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the chicken, kidney beans, tomato, corn and onion. Combine ranch dressing and barbecue sauce; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Divide romaine between two salad plates; top with salad. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (prepared with fat-free ranch dressing) equals 259 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.