BBQ Ranch Salad
“High in protein and low in fat, this scrumptious salad has become one of my husband’s and my favorite, simple and quick meals,” writes Kim Pohlman from Coldwater, Ohio.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 cups torn romaine
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, kidney beans, tomato, corn and
- onion. Combine ranch dressing and barbecue sauce; pour over salad
- and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Divide
- romaine between two salad plates; top with salad. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with fat-free ranch dressing) equals 259 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.