“High in protein and low in fat, this scrumptious salad has become one of my husband’s and my favorite, simple and quick meals,” writes Kim Pohlman from Coldwater, Ohio.
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 cups torn romaine
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, kidney beans, tomato, corn and onion. Combine ranch dressing and barbecue sauce; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Divide romaine between two salad plates; top with salad. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as BBQ Ranch Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for BBQ Ranch Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review