BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 pounds)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 slices sourdough bread
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1. Place pork in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the barbecue sauce, onion, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat. Shred with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through.
- 2. Place bread on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 3. Combine chipotle pepper and mayonnaise; spread over toast. Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each of eight slices of toast. Top with cheese, tomatoes and remaining toast. Yield: 8 servings.
1 sandwich equals 640 calories, 34 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 1,122 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Reviews for BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.