- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine stuffing mix, water and 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Place 1/3 cup mixture into each of 12 ungreased muffin cups, pressing lightly.
- Bake, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle tops with cheese; bake 2-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. If desired, serve with additional barbecue sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for BBQ Meat Loaf Minis(14)
Sort By :
This was an awesome recipe! I made by own sauce instead of the bbq (1cup ketchup, 3 tbsp brown sugar and 1 tbsp ground mustard). I put a tablespoon of the sauce on each meatloaf after 18 minutes and thwn cooked another 5 minutes. I also had greem onions on hand, so I threw some into the meat mixture as well. The savory herb stuffing was delicious, so I think I may stick with that. Also, I didnt use the cheese which took a lot of self control on my part, lol.
Since this had many positive reviews I felt comfortable changing some of the ingredients. I replaced the water and BBQ sauce with a chunky medium salsa. It was great. The texture of the stuffing gives it a little something extra. I appreciated the tip another reviewer gave about not mounding the tops so the cheese stayed on top. I took it a step further and slightly indented the middle. This 'well' was a great way to add extra cheese. Reheated nicely the next day for a quick snack.
Super easy, a nice way to add flavor to meatloaf without adding ketchup (which my family isn't too fond of). It makes for part of a really casual meal, and I've introduced several friends to the recipe as well. As far as stuffing mix goes, I've used just about every flavor (chicken, savory herb, turkey, pork) and each one is delicious. They also reheat very well, highly recommended!
These are a HUGE hit with my family. They are so easy and fun to make that my 4 and 6 years old enjoy it. These are also a hit with my hubby. Being that these are made in muffin tins, we can make of several different flavors of meatloaf in one batch. Some of us like no BBQ sauce, others like a ton. We can custom make everyone something that they love.
This was ok, but my family didn't really like the stuffing mix in there.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Meat Loaf >
- Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Meatloaf Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Beef Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Comfort Food Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >