BBQ Meat Loaf Minis
Kids can prepare meat loaf in muffin cups. For added spice, try adding 2 teaspoons chili powder and 1 cup of salsa. — Linda Call, Falun, Kansas
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine stuffing mix,
- water and 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce. Add beef; mix lightly but
- thoroughly. Place 1/3 cup mixture into each of 12 ungreased muffin
- cups, pressing lightly.
- Bake, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Sprinkle tops with cheese; bake 2-4 minutes longer or until cheese
- is melted. If desired, serve with additional barbecue sauce. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 mini meatloaves (calculated without additional sauce) equals 330 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 668 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.