- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine stuffing mix, water and 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Press 1/3 cup mixture into each of 12 ungreased muffin cups.
Bake, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle tops with cheese; bake 2-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. If desired, serve with additional barbecue sauce.
- Freeze option: Cover and freeze cooled meat loaves on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer meat loaves to a resealable plastic freezer bag; return to freezer. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Place meat loaves on a greased shallow baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350° oven until heated through. Top with cheese as directed. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for BBQ Meat Loaf Minis
"Easy, versatile recipe! Since I didn't have stuffing mix, I substituted a mixture of Italian bread crumbs and panko and used one egg instead of the water. I used about 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef, so I increased the barbecue sauce to about 1/2 cup. I also added finely chopped onion, and a bit of ketchup and kosher salt. Everyone loved them!"
"Good and easy to make on a busy weekday night."
"I have made these many times. I like them because they really stretch out pound of ground beef. I always serve them with a mixed vegetable casserole. Very tasty."
"These are really tasty and easy. One thing that appeals to me is the ability to add/subtract ingredients. For instance, my husband loves jalapenos so his little meat loaves get them, diced finely. I love onions, so mine get extra. I did cut back on the cheese though since neither of us care for it that much."
"This was yummy and really easy to make. Very quick, too! The stuffing added just the right amount of seasoning. Next time I would definitely generously grease the muffin tin cups ahead of time. I found they were hard to get out of the tins after they were done. My picky kids loved these.!"
"This was inedible. The stuffing mix didn't go well in the recipe. Threw all of them away!"
"This was easy enough for my 9 year old to make. Wonderful recipe, the whole family loves it!"
"kids can't get enough of this (and neither can my husband)"
"So good and so quick and easy to make! Only complaint I have is that you could really taste the stuffing. I will definitely make these again."
"These are a favorite at our home. My favorite stuffing to use in it is the cranberry stuffing that came out about Christmas time, it was really GOOD!"