BBQ Hoedown Tacos
Here's a family friendly twist on traditional tacos. It's easy to make after a long day at work. I serve it on toasted flour tortilla, which is a healthy alternative to a fried shell. To toast the flour tortillas, fold them in half, without creasing bottom. Pop into a long slotted toaster and toast to golden brown. They will be in a natural taco shape and ready to eat. Denise Pounds, Hutchi
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups angel hair coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup green goddess salad dressing
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 7-1/2 ounces pepper jack cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the barbecue sauce,
- chilies, coriander, cumin and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine coleslaw mix and salad dressing; toss to
- coat. On each tortilla, layer cheese, beef mixture and coleslaw;
- fold to close. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tacos equals 722 calories, 44 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 1,803 mg sodium,