BBQ Hoedown Tacos Recipe
Here's a family friendly twist on traditional tacos. It's easy to make after a long day at work. I serve it on toasted flour tortilla, which is a healthy alternative to a fried shell. To toast the flour tortillas, fold them in half, without creasing bottom. Pop into a long slotted toaster and toast to golden brown. They will be in a natural taco shape and ready to eat. —Denise Pounds, Hutchinson, Kansas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups angel hair coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup green goddess salad dressing
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the barbecue sauce, chilies, coriander, cumin and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- In a small bowl, combine coleslaw mix and salad dressing; toss to coat. On each tortilla, layer cheese, beef mixture and coleslaw; fold to close. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as BBQ Hoedown Tacos in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p99
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for BBQ Hoedown Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review