BBQ Chip-Crusted Orange Roughy
“This easy and delectable recipe actually converted me to a fish lover,” writes Geraldine Buba from Palos Hills, Illinois. “It was given to me by a fishmonger decades ago and is frequently requested by family and friends. Even those who don’t like fish like this recipe!”
TIP: Tilapia or other white fish make easy substitutions for the orange roughy fillets in Geraldine’s recipe.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup crushed barbecue potato chips
- Tartar sauce, optional
- Place orange roughy in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine
- lemon juice and butter; pour over fillets. Top with crushed potato
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Serve with tartar sauce if desired. Yield: 4
Editor's Note: This recipe uses plain, not ridged potato chips.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.