BBQ Chicken Waffle Fries
This is one of those dishes that sounds so wrong but tastes so right! Trust me—barbecue chicken leftovers are fantastic with the fries. We like it with lettuce, tomato and pickle, but you can add almost any toppings you like. —Janet Telleen, Russell, IA
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (22 ounces) frozen waffle-cut fries
- 12 ounces refrigerated shredded barbecued chicken (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- Pickled banana peppers
- Bake fries according to package directions. Transfer to a 10-in.
- ovenproof skillet. Top with chicken, cheese and onion. Bake 5
- minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce, tomato
- and pickle; serve with peppers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 243 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 476 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.