This is one of those dishes that sounds so wrong but tastes so right! Trust me—barbecue chicken leftovers are fantastic with the fries. We like it with lettuce, tomato and pickle, but you can add almost any toppings you like. —Janet Telleen, Russell, IA
- 1 package (22 ounces) frozen waffle-cut fries
- 12 ounces refrigerated shredded barbecued chicken (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- Pickled banana peppers
- Bake fries according to package directions. Transfer to a 10-in. ovenproof skillet. Top with chicken, cheese and onion. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce, tomato and pickle; serve with peppers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as BBQ Chicken Waffle Fries in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013, p48
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for BBQ Chicken Waffle Fries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 15, 2013
"Perfect way to use the leftovers from a slow cooker full of BBQ chicken."