- 1-1/2 quarts water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup liquid smoke
- 1-1/2 cups hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 16 slider buns or dinner rolls, split and warmed
- In a large bowl, mix brine ingredients, stirring to dissolve brown sugar. Reserve 1 cup brine for cooking chicken; cover and refrigerate.
- Place chicken in a large resealable bag; add remaining brine. Seal bag, pressing out as much air as possible; turn to coat chicken. Place in a large bowl; refrigerate 18-24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from brine and transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; discard brine in bag. Add reserved 1 cup brine and 1/3 cup liquid smoke to chicken. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Discard cooking juices. Shred chicken with two forks and return to slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings (2 sliders each).
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for BBQ Chicken Sliders
Sort By :
Yummy!!! This is a keeper! Made a couple of changes--used thighs instead of breasts, as this is our preference. I started with 1 cup of barbecue sauce, which seemed like plenty for my amount of chicken, and then added a little of the cooking liquid to loosen it up. We'll definitely be making this one again!
We 6x this recipe for a Memorial Day family gathering and served them on regular soft and hard rolls. We served 25 people and still had enough left over for another dinner for our own family. Everyone really loved it and we had to share the recipe with all of them..
I really enjoyed these sliders for my Memorial Day party. Served it with dill pickle chips.
Made this the other day as a test run to see if I would use it for a party I am having in a few weeks and it was awesome. I might try a few boneless thighs in for just a little bit more moisture. I served it with cole slaw, cheese and pickles. Yum! This is definitely a keeper
Awesome recipe! I tripled the ingredients and made this for a family
BBQ and everyone absolutly loved it. One of the best BBQ recipes for chicken I have ever had or made.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Slow Cooker BBQ >
- Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts >
- Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes >