- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, celery and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the salsa, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir in chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve about 1/3 cup chicken mixture on each bun. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
Sort By :
"These were quite delicious! I will make these again."
"I made this for lunch yesterday and this was deliciousI added extra sauce me and my husband enjoyed it"
"Very happy that I doubled the recipe - it is delicious! Only change I made was that I didn't add the apple cider vinegar since I didn't have any on hand & I added about a tablespoon of honey dijon mustard. I will make it the same way next time."
"My family absolutely loved this meal. It was perfect just the way it is."
"My enntire family loves this recipe and I always have to make a double batch which is fine with me because then I have leftovers for lunch! Yummy"