BBQ Chicken Polenta with Fried Egg
In college, BBQ chicken with polenta warmed me up before class. Now I cook it for brunch with friends and family. — Evan Janney, Los Angeles, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta, cut into 8 slices
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- In a small saucepan, combine chicken, barbecue sauce and cilantro;
- heat through over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add
- polenta; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Transfer to a serving plate; keep warm.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic;
- cook and stir 1 minute. Break eggs, one at a time, into pan. Reduce
- heat to low. Cook until desired doneness, turning after whites are
- set, if desired. Serve over polenta with chicken mixture. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 367 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 265 mg cholesterol, 923 mg sodium,