BBQ Chicken Polenta with Fried Egg Recipe
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta, cut into 8 slices
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 4 eggs
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine chicken, barbecue sauce and cilantro; heat through over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add polenta; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Transfer to a serving plate; keep warm.
- 3. In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Break eggs, one at a time, into pan. Reduce heat to low. Cook until desired doneness, turning after whites are set, if desired. Serve over polenta with chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 367 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 265 mg cholesterol, 923 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.