In college, BBQ chicken with polenta warmed me up before class. Now I cook it for brunch with friends and family. — Evan Janney, Los Angeles, California
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta, cut into 8 slices
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 4 large eggs
- In a small saucepan, combine chicken, barbecue sauce and cilantro; heat through over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add polenta; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Transfer to a serving plate; keep warm.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Break eggs, one at a time, into pan. Reduce heat to low. Cook until desired doneness, turning after whites are set, if desired. Serve over polenta with chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as BBQ Chicken Polenta with Fried Egg in Taste of Home April/May 2013
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for BBQ Chicken Polenta with Fried Egg
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2014
"Hubby an I tried this morning and we thought it was great. The cilantro really set it off. This will be put into our brunch rotation. Thanks for the recipe."