- top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into
- four portions. Roll each into a 10-in. circle; build up edges
- slightly. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in 1
- tablespoon oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1
- minute longer. Stir in barbecue sauce; heat through. Remove from the
- heat and set aside.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack. Brush both sides of dough with
- remaining oil. Grill dough, covered, over medium heat for 1-2
- minutes or until the crust is lightly browned. Remove from the
- Layer the grilled side of each pizza with the chicken mixture,
- cheeses and pepper rings. Return pizzas to grill.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and
- cheese is melted, rotating pizzas halfway through cooking to ensure
- an evenly browned crust. Sprinkle with basil if desired. Yield: 4
- individual pizzas.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pizza (calculated without basil) equals 920 calories, 44 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 1,741 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 50 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.