Chicken bites wrapped in bacon get a kick from Montreal seasoning and sweetness from barbecue sauce. We love the mix of textures. —Kathryn Dampier, Quail Valley, CA
- 6 bacon strips
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 18)
- 3 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, optional
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut bacon crosswise into thirds. Place bacon on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels. Cover with additional paper towels; microwave on high 3-4 minutes or until partially cooked but not crisp.
- Place chicken in a small bowl; sprinkle with steak seasoning and toss to coat. Wrap a bacon piece around each chicken cube; secure with a toothpick. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes. If desired, add horseradish to barbecue sauce; brush over wrapped chicken. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink and bacon is crisp. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as BBQ Chicken Bites in Taste of Home November 2015, p22
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for BBQ Chicken Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review