Chicken bites wrapped in bacon get a kick from Montreal seasoning and sweetness from barbecue sauce. We love the mix of textures. —Kathryn Dampier, Quail Valley, CA
Recommended: 52 Cheer-Worthy Tailgate Appetizers
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 18)
- 3 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, optional
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut bacon crosswise into thirds. Place bacon on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels. Cover with additional paper towels; microwave on high 3-4 minutes or until partially cooked but not crisp.
- Place chicken in a small bowl; sprinkle with steak seasoning and toss to coat. Wrap a bacon piece around each chicken cube; secure with a toothpick. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes. If desired, add horseradish to barbecue sauce; brush over wrapped chicken. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink and bacon is crisp. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as BBQ Chicken Bites in Taste of Home November 2015, p22
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for BBQ Chicken Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2015
"These were super simple to assemble. Next time I may add a bit more horseradish to the bbq sauce"