BBQ Chicken Baked Potatoes Recipe
- 4-1/2 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 large red onion, sliced into thick rings
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) honey barbecue sauce
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke, optional
- 10 medium potatoes, baked
- Crumbled blue cheese and chopped green onions, optional
- 1. Place chicken in a greased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with garlic powder and top with onion. Combine the barbecue sauce, salad dressing, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke if desired; pour over chicken.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 3. When cool enough to handle, remove chicken from bones; discard bones and onion. Skim fat from cooking juices.
- 4. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve with potatoes, blue cheese and green onions if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
1 potato with 3/4 cup chicken mixture (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 572 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 1,050 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Reviews for BBQ Chicken Baked Potatoes
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.