BBQ Brisket Flatbread Pizzas Recipe
- 2 cups barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 pounds fresh beef brisket
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large red onion, cut into thick slices
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1 cup barbecue sauce, vinegar, 1/4 cup green onions and 1/4 cup cilantro. Sprinkle brisket with salt and pepper; add to bag. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place brisket over pan; grill, covered, over indirect low heat for 1 hour. Add 10 briquettes to coals. Cover and grill about 1-1/4 hours longer or until meat is fork-tender, adding more briquettes if needed. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks; set aside.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine 2-3/4 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast. Add water and oil; beat just until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 4. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down; divide into two portions. Roll each into a 15-in. circle.
- 5. Grill each circle, covered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on one side or until lightly browned. Set aside. Brush onion with oil; grill for 4-5 minutes or until tender, turning once. Remove from the heat; chop and set aside.
- 6. Spread the grilled side of each crust with remaining barbecue sauce. Top with shredded brisket, onion, cheese and remaining green onions and cilantro.
- 7. Place a pizza on grill; cover and cook over indirect medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Rotate pizza halfway through cooking to ensure an evenly browned crust. Repeat with remaining pizza. Yield: 2 flatbread pizzas (6 slices each).
1 slice: 322 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 1184mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for BBQ Brisket Flatbread Pizzas
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.