- heat for 1 hour. Add 10 briquettes to coals. Cover and grill about
- 1-1/4 hours longer or until meat is fork-tender, adding more
- briquettes if needed. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with
- two forks; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine 2-3/4 cups flour, sugar, salt and
- yeast. Add water and oil; beat just until smooth. Stir in enough
- remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the
- top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide into two portions. Roll each into a 15-in.
- Grill each circle, covered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on one
- side or until lightly browned. Set aside. Brush onion with oil;
- grill for 4-5 minutes or until tender, turning once. Remove from the
- heat; chop and set aside.
- Spread the grilled side of each crust with remaining barbecue sauce.
- Top with shredded brisket, onion, cheese and remaining green onions
- and cilantro.
- Place a pizza on grill; cover and cook over indirect medium heat for
- 8-10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Rotate pizza halfway through cooking to ensure an evenly browned
- crust. Repeat with remaining pizza. Yield: 2 flatbread pizzas (6
- slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 322 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 1,184 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.