In Wisconsin, brats are a staple food group! We are always looking for new ways to cook them. This recipe is easy and a hit at any tailgate party or cookout, any time of year..—Jessica Abnet, DePere, Wisconsin
- 10 uncooked bratwurst links
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 10 hot dog buns, split
- Spicy brown mustard
- Grill bratwursts, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10 minutes, turning frequently. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, mix the beer, ketchup and barbecue sauce; pour over the bratwursts. Cook, covered, on low for 3-4 hours or until cooked through. Place bratwursts on buns. Serve with mustard and, if desired, cooking liquid. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as BBQ Brats in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2016, p73
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for BBQ Brats
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review