- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 14 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour ketchup mixture over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and shred with two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices. Return meat to slow cooker; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, serve beef on buns. Yield: 14 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for BBQ Beef Sandwiches
"I made this for a Super Bowl party and prepared the recipe as printed with the exception that I nearly doubled the amount of meat and did double the sauce. I tend to like a good ratio of sauce to meat and found the additional sauce thickened perfectly and provided the perfect amount. I provided a variety of slider size rolls and noticed some elected to pile it high on a plateful of tortilla chips. It was a hit and I will make this again without changing a thing."
"Wonderful recipe. My family loves it!"
"I didn't cook mine in a slow cooker, but I did use the BBQ sauce recipe. The only thing I changed was I used 1 cup of regular ketchup and 1 cup of jalapeno ketchup and omitted the pepper flakes. I put everything in a pressure cooker for 1 1/2 hours. Came out delicious!"
"Scrumptious! Easy and delicious :)"
"This recipe was delicious. The only adjustment I made was using brown sugar in place of the molasses since that is what I had on hand. This will be my go to BBQ beef recipe from now on! Thanks!"