BBQ Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 14 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour ketchup mixture over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and shred with two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices. Return meat to slow cooker; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, serve beef on buns. Yield: 14 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for BBQ Beef Sandwiches(19)
Sort By :
Here's how you make this a 5-star recipe; takes 2 days but worth it. I'm a pretty avid BBQ'er and this is my entire extended families' favorite. Brush olive oil over the entire chuck, and rub with kosher salt and ground pepper. Grill it (with chunks of mesquite or hickory for the best results) over indirect heat at 225 degrees until meat reaches 170 degrees (this will take most of a day). Remove, wrap in foil, and fill about halfway with beef broth. Return to grill and cook until meat reaches 205-210 degrees. Pull it off and let it rest for an hour. Drain and pull the beef. Combine with the sauce recipe above and cook in a crockpot for 4-6 hours. I usually cook the beef and mix with the sauce a day ahead, then cook in the crockpot before I want to serve it. If you don't have the time, you can grill indirect at 275 and it still works pretty well, but I love the slower cooked method. I recommend mixing the sauce with beef slowly to get the right consistency / ratio. Don't just assume the above amount of sauce will be perfect for a 3lb chuck.
This recipe was nice and easy, but we didn't love it. If I were to make it again, I'd double the sauce. I'd also trim the meat a little more to cut down on fat to drain.
So good and easy! We liked with leftover roast.
Love this recipe! It is great hit with my family and friends!
My family loved this recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Slow Cooker BBQ >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >