With a slice of bacon inside and a tasty barbecue-mayo sauce on top, these are definitely not ordinary burgers. We think you'll agree. —Joan Schoenherr, Eastpointe, Michigan
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and barbecue sauce. In another bowl, combine the bacon, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture, onion and steak seasoning; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Spread remaining mayonnaise mixture over cut sides of bun bottoms. Layer with a lettuce, burger and tomato. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as BBQ Bacon Burgers in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p46
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for BBQ Bacon Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review