BBQ Bacon Burgers
With a slice of bacon inside and a tasty barbecue-mayo sauce on top, these are definitely not ordinary burgers. We think you'll agree. —Joan Schoenherr, Eastpointe, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and barbecue sauce. In another
- bowl, combine the bacon, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture, onion and
- steak seasoning; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into
- four patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side
- or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top
- with cheese. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is
- melted. Spread remaining mayonnaise mixture over buns; top each with
- a burger, lettuce and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger (calculated without lettuce and tomato) equals 564 calories, 36 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 928 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.