BBQ Bacon Burgers Recipe
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- 1. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and barbecue sauce. In another bowl, combine the bacon, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture, onion and steak seasoning; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Spread remaining mayonnaise mixture over cut sides of bun bottoms. Layer with a lettuce, burger and tomato. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 564 calories, 36g fat (13g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 928mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for BBQ Bacon Burgers
"Excellent! Very juicy and tasty!"
"Swapped out the mayo for sour cream, Penzey's Northwoods seasoning. Ended up using bacon as a topping rather than in the meat due to cook's error. Juicy, fantastic burger. Will definitely be in the regular rotation."
"This was so good! DH really liked it. I used pre-cooked bacon to speed up prep time."
"These are fantastic. I added an egg and some breadcrumbs; they were delicious. The sauce is a must."
"maybe I made this wrong but it didnt turn out to good. I used mircule whip instead of mayo, maybe thats what made the sauce bad?"
"Tasty & easy to prepare - def make again."
"Absolutely delicious. I didn't have dried minced onion so I substituted minced onion soften in the microwave. I am anxious to make these again!"
"This was a very flavorful burger. I substituted real bacon bits since I didn't have any bacon hand."
"Loved the bacon flavor of the burger. It was very moist and juicy, can't wait to make it again!"
"Wonderful! I love to experiment with burgers and these tied the best ones I've ever made. It's just a really good combination of flavors. My husband ate two, and these were big burgers!"
"These were awesome!! I used real bacon bits because I didn't have bacon and they were very moist and tasty."
"Very, very tasty! We loved this recipe and will be using it again!I used 90% lean beef, Hellman's old school mayo, onion powder instead of dried minced onion, Montreal steak seasoning, Jack Daniels honey bbq sauce, and Boar's Head lacey swiss."
"We all loved this burger recipe. My son is a "burger critic" and really loved it! They disappeared quickly. This recipe will be kept and made many times in the future!"
"I used Sue Bee Original Style Honey-Barbeque Sauce. Awesome results! We have found our new favorite burger!!! EXCELLENT!!!"
"The steak seasoning is a dry mixture, like Montreal Steak seasoning. You can find it in your grocery store with the other seasonings and spices.I haven't made this yet, but I will be trying it soon. The mayo/BBQ sauce combo sounds good for a summertime burger!"
"When you say 'steak seasoning', do you mean a salt mixture or a sauce?"
"very good, made exactly like the recipe."
"Made 3 burgers instead of 4 and used cheddar cheese instead of swiss, my husband said it's the best burger he's ever had. We loved it!"