- 12 frozen onion rings
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- Optional toppings: lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and dill pickles
- Bake onion rings according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine beef, garlic salt and pepper; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook burgers over medium heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°, adding cheese during the last minute of cooking. Serve on buns with barbecue sauce, bacon, onion rings and toppings as desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBBQ Bacon Burger
"This is a great burger! Made exactly as recipe states using Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. I will definitely make these again!"
"I prepared these delicious burgers tonight and we both loved them. I followed the recipe exactly and they were delicious. I used KC Masterpiece barbecue sauce which is our favorite. It gave the burgers that needed boost in flavor. Yummy. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor."
"These were delicious and very easy to put together. Great for family cookouts"
"So good! I loved these burgers!"