- 1/4 cup dried lentils, sorted
- 1/4 cup dried green split peas, sorted
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons medium pearl barley
- 4 teaspoons beef or chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup uncooked small pasta shells
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 8 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- In a 1-pint jar or container with a tight-fitting lid, layer the first nine ingredients in the order listed. Wrap pasta in a small piece of plastic wrap; add to jar. Seal tightly. Store in a cool dry place for up to 3 months. Yield: 1 batch (1-1/2 cups).
- To prepare soup: Remove pasta from top of jar and set aside. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the water, tomatoes and soup mix; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in reserved pasta; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes longer or until pasta, lentils, peas and barley are tender. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Bazaar Soup Mix
Sort By :
This is a great soup. Very easy to make and good for you. I've made it with chopped onions rather than dried onions and its good that way too.
I made this jar mix for Christmas this year; it was a huge hit and so easy to make. The only thing I changed was I use a full pound of hamburger.
My husband and I made this wonderful recipe to share with our friends and neighbors for Christmas. Everyone has enjoyed it. When our jars were full, there was some of this, some of that remaining. We made a pot of soup for ourselves. So glad we shared it - was sooooo good!!!!!
We are on the 2nd batch,my husband loves this, esp. on these cold days. thank you.
Soup is one of my favorite things to eat in the fall & winter. This soup did not disappoint. Loved the flavor. The only thing I did different was I cooked the pasta separately and just added some to each individual bowl. I was afraid that the pasta would continue cooking in the hot soup and eventually turn to mush.
More Recipe Collections
- Barley Soup >
- Bean Soup Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Soup Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Lentil Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >