Bayou Country Seafood Casserole Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 4 slices day-old bread, cubed
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion tops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and celery in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add soup and shrimp; cook and stir over medium heat 10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in the rice, crab, bread cubes, cream, onion tops and seasonings.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over casserole. Bake uncovered at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 329 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 822 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.