Bayou Country Seafood Casserole Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 pound uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 4 slices day-old bread, cubed
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion tops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and celery in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add soup and shrimp; cook and stir over medium heat 10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in the rice, crab, bread cubes, cream, onion tops and seasonings.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over casserole. Bake uncovered at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bayou Country Seafood Casserole(9)
Sort By :
I made a few alterations and doubled the recipe, it was a hit! I omitted the bread cubes and added shredded cheddar towards the end of baking. I used imitation crab and shrimp, another time shrimp & scallops all was very good.
My family says this recipe is a keeper. I used all shrimp since that is our favorite sea food and it was delicious.
The family loved this. I used lobster, crab, and shrimp. Next time I will leave out the bread, it doesn't need it.
Fabulous! i doubled recipe for thanksgiving dinner and took KarenML's suggestion, 2lbs shrimp and 1lb scallops and omitted crab. used ritz cracker topping. the dish received rave reviews from my family. my niece said it tastes like the Outer Banks Sampler at Red Lobster. Highly Recommend this one!
This is an awesome recipe! I absolutely loved it and so did everyone who ate some. I will definitely make this again and again!