Bayou Chicken Pasta Recipe
This is a tasty main dish served in the bayou country of South Louisiana. Add a tossed salad and French bread, and you have a hearty meal.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup each chopped green and yellow pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the onion, celery and pepper in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add chicken and garlic powder; cook for 4-5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Stir in salsa.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the parsley, salt and hot pepper sauce. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 292 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 910 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC