- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup each chopped green and yellow pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, celery and pepper in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add chicken and garlic powder; cook for 4-5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Stir in salsa.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the parsley, salt and hot pepper sauce. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bayou Chicken Pasta
"My family did not care for this recipe"
"Very good tasting but it seemed sort of on the line of a spaghetti sauce. Will make it again though."
"In search of low carb recipes for my diabetic husband, I found this to try. He likes Cajun, so this went over well. I also liked it."
"Easy dinner to toss together. I added 1/2 tsp each of thyme and basil and it was pretty good."
"This was great!! Just enough kick to make it tasteful. My family raved about it."