Bayou Burgers with Spicy Remoulade for Two Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound Johnsonville® Andouille Split Rope Sausage link, casing removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 pound Italian turkey sausage link, casing removed
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon capers, drained
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add andouille sausage; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the Creole seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey and turkey sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook burgers for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Top with cheese; cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 3. For remoulade, in a small bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, lemon juice, pepper sauce, relish and capers. Spread rolls with butter and sprinkle with remaining garlic powder. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve burgers on rolls with remoulade. Yield: 2 servings.
1 burger (with 2 tablespoons sauce)equals 976 calories, 69 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 247 mg cholesterol, 2,131 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 51 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.