Bavarian Wiener Supper
This great family meal also goes over well at potluck suppers. This dish is always scraped clean and I'm asked for the recipe, which my daughter received from a friend.—Helen Kendig, Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 4 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine soup and mayonnaise. In another large bowl,
- combine the sauerkraut, hot dogs, caraway seeds and half of the soup
- mixture. Spread into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and remaining soup mixture. Spoon
- over sauerkraut mixture.
- Combine the bread crumbs, butter and paprika; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 411 calories, 32 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 1,324 mg sodium,