This great family meal also goes over well at potluck suppers. This dish is always scraped clean and I'm asked for the recipe, which my daughter received from a friend.—Helen Kendig, Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 4 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine soup and mayonnaise. In another large bowl, combine the sauerkraut, hot dogs, caraway seeds and half of the soup mixture. Spread into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and remaining soup mixture. Spoon over sauerkraut mixture.
- Combine the bread crumbs, butter and paprika; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bavarian Wiener Supper in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p96
Reviews for Bavarian Wiener Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review